SCIENTIFIC DIRECTORATE IRE
The Scientific Director of the Regina Elena Institute, in line with d. lgs. 288/2003 and with the State/Regions agreement dated 1 July 2004, is concretely involved in the strategic management of the Institute, with constant dialogue with the General, Medical and Administrative Director, as well as with the heads of the organizational structures of the Institute; manages the budget allocated to the research activity, agreed annually with the director general, the amount of which, in any case, cannot be less than the funding allocated to the IRCCS for the research activity; has a specific autonomous organizational structure (grant office, technology transfer office, library, clinical trials, scientific integrity); is supported by the administrative structure of the IRCCS so that it can concretely define research policies and strategies, deciding which and how many human, instrumental and financial resources to find, as well as how to use them.
- Chairs the Technical-Scientific Committee;
- Avails itself of the consultancy of an International Scientific Board for the definition of the scientific development strategies of the Institute
- Expresses the mandatory opinion on decisions concerning the clinical and scientific activities of the IRCCS;
- Ensures the best synergy between scientific activity and the company's strategic mission;
- Ensures the integration of assistance and training activities with research activities to increase the quality of national health research in a translational perspective. In this regard, for several years he has promoted the establishment of Translational Research Groups (TRIGs) with a multidisciplinary composition and with the task of coordinating wide-ranging innovative projects.
- Promotes the innovation and implementation of personalized and precision medicine models such as the institutional Molecular Tumor Board
- promotes and coordinates clinical and experimental research plans and verifies their monitoring and reporting;
- evaluates in advance and authorizes requests for funding for the implementation of scientific research projects by researchers and Institute structures;
- identifies those responsible for each research program and project, assigns the relative budget and verifies its use, in close coordination with the administrative research structure (SAR);
- promotes and evaluates the quality of the scientific publications produced by the Institute;
- promotes scientific integrity through the institution of a group dedicated to the definition of a code for scientific integrity and monitoring;
- promotes and coordinates knowledge transfer activities through scientific publications, participation in conferences, congresses and working groups, the creation of training courses and refresher activities, in line with research projects and programs and with the plan of the training adopted by the Institute;
- promotes and coordinates technology transfer and innovation activities in clinical practice;
- promotes collaborative relationships, functional to the performance of the Institute's scientific mission, with Ministries, the Region and public and private scientific bodies and institutions, international agencies, national and international health authorities, associations and foundations;
- contributes to the definition of the structural and functional organization of the Institute, taking care to ensure the best integration between clinical-assistance activity and scientific activity;
- proposes criteria and indicators for the evaluation of executives also on the basis of scientific productivity;
- promotes and coordinates clinical and experimental research plans and verifies their monitoring and reporting.